Sunday, April 12, 2015

Freshman determined to win Miss USU crown
By Sawyer Hemsley
JCOM 1130/Section 2

London Breinholt, a Utah State University freshman, will compete for the title of Miss USU Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. in the Taggart Student Center. This is the first time a freshman will be competing.

The program is free of charge to interested students who would like to support the eleven contestants.

“I want to make a difference here at USU,” Breinholt said. “I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try to go for a position that would be challenging and life changing. I want to be a leader here and I think being Miss USU would be a remarkable opportunity.”

Breinholt does not feel intimidated being a freshmen competing in the program. She believes that she has what it takes to represent USU.

“I feel like I have a shot and can compete with the other girls fairly,” Breinholt said. “I think that it actually is a blessing I am a freshman and I have very good ideas for the coming year.”

Program officials believe that Breinholt has as good of an advantage as an upperclassman. They believe her desire for the competition is not affected by her age and it is good to have a variety of age in the competition.

Madison Merrill, council member of the Miss USU program said, “I think London’s freshman status will not deter her probability of winning the crown, she is very determined and has prepared herself well.”

Merrill would like to have many freshmen young women in attendance the night of the program and predicts this will enhance excitement for future freshmen participants.

“Future freshmen girls should definitely apply,” Breinholt said. “They will be able to see that they are just as qualified if not more than everyone else.”


For more information on program details, contact Madison Merrill at maddiemerrill@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment